So, we meet again.
You seem to be the topic du jour on blogs, Facebook, news sites, and *shudder* Twitter these days. I bet you’re pretty proud of yourself.
I mean, not only have you forced me to spend all of my time outdoors looking like the Unabomber (because, you know, the hood and big glasses are the only things keeping the trees’ reproductive nastiness from completely covering every inch of my hair and skin), but you’ve also managed to suck a nice chunk of change out of my pocket and generously deposit it in the overflowing coffers of the pharmaceutical industry.
I must say, you have really outdone yourself this year. Claritin can’t touch you. The 24 hour relief I was promised quickly dwindled from thirteen hours to a mere four. I cannot open my windows to let any fresh air in, lest you assault me and set my lips burning and skin itching. This is especially problematic since there seems to be a mystery stink emanating from my refrigerator (and permeating my house) that I have, as of this writing, failed to locate. But I digress.
I made a valiant attempt to thwart you by employing some so-called immunotherapy. But, alas, not even the expensive local honey that I have forced myself to consume has lessened my misery.
Has anyone ever told you that you’re a total JERKFACE?
Great, now you’ve forced me to resort to name-calling…the last refuge of the outwitted. Oh, but Allergies, you haven’t beaten me yet. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. And if all else fails, there’s always my movable plastic bubble plans (pollen-removing windshield wipers optional) (patent pending).
Yours truly Get bent,
More cool stuff:
It’s time for some randomness…mostly because I can’t seem to focus on any one thing for more than about a minute and a half right now. Heh.
- Izzy is still on the run. We received some leads yesterday and a tracking sniff revealed that the information on her whereabouts was accurate. The search continues.
- I am beginning to feel slightly human again. Unfortunately, a quick trip out to my backyard this morning had my ears completely plugged and every bit of exposed skin itching . Yes, friends, it is spring in Maryland! Bring on the thick blanket of yellow pollen and non-stop Claritin popping!
- Okay, so remember that thing I said about getting this blog back on track and trying to bring back some lightheartedness? I know, I know, I’m not doing a very good job of it. So, I think it’s time for a giveaway. I haven’t decided for sure yet, but I think this one might be a big one. I mean, multiple prizes big.
- You may have noticed that my 365 projects seems to have fallen by the wayside. I’m working on catching up on posting my photos. Hopefully, I’ll be all caught up by today. Apologies in advance for the barrage of posts. Heh.
- The fact that I finally got off my ample duff and made some prints of my work has given me the motivation to get up off my ample duff AGAIN and make some prints of my work. So, keep an eye out for new prints in the Etsy shop. I am looking for opinions on whether I should offer them as-is or have them matted.
- Speaking of Etsy, I still have some of my cherry blossom pieces available. Proceeds benefit Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. Also, I’m seriously trying to clear out my old stock of jewelry that I designed back in the day. I’ve knocked the prices way down in hopes of making room for other things in my studio.
I guess that’s all I’ve got for now.
photo : languishing art by yours truly
More cool stuff: