A long day of Back to School shopping for Sir yesterday has left me completely wiped out. Far be it from me to leave my loyal readers without a regular dose of my insanity and random Ruthiness, however. So, here you go…
- If you have not yet entered the Big Blogiversary Giveaway, GO! NOW! HURRY! Seriously, you have just over 24 hours to enter and I highly suggest you do. I mean, you could win free ORIGINAL ART (Unless, of course, you hate my art and are trying to make a statement by not entering. Is that what you’re doing? Huh? Is it?).
- I’m getting kind of excited about my new project. I shipped my first Box Full of Awesome order this week and the best part was putting together the little envelope of ‘extras’ to include. Did I mention that every Box Full of Awesome comes with FREE extra goodies? It’s true, they do! Check out the cool stuff I added to the shop this week.
- Izzy the Dog Sings a Duet was featured on the We Draw Dogs illustration blog last week. Very exciting! You can see it here.
- hello seven received a nice mention here last week too! (I definitely needed the ego boost!)
- I have effectively ended my 365 Project. I honestly have neither the time nor the inclination to continue on with it. Totally lame, I know. I mean, I made it to Day 326. But it was starting to stress me out and the quality of my photos was suffering. So, I’ll just go back to shooting when I feel like shooting. What can I say? I’m a quitter.
- Speaking of photos, I’m working on adding 4×6 and 8×10 prints of my Love Letter to Northern Michigan series to the Etsy shop. For now, if you would like a size that isn’t currently available, please feel free to send me a message and I’ll get what you need added to the shop ASAP.
I’m sure there’s something I’m leaving out, but I can barely keep my eyes open, so I must begin my pursuit of caffeinated beverages now, lest I pass out and accomplish absolutely nothing today. That just would not do!
photo : one of my favorite illustrations from a 1956 Better Homes and Gardens magazine
More cool stuff:
I have (mostly) not abandoned my blog, although it probably looks like it. Honestly, I am desperately trying to play catch-up (and tackle a ridiculous task of epic proportions in my pain-in-the-arse backyard) now that I am back in Baltimore.
I apologize for my lack of, well, everything around here. No Friday Favorites? No nothing? Yeah, pathetic. But I really, really needed a break from pretty much every aspect of my life and that break somehow managed to last three weeks. The only downside (aside from my shameful neglect of this blog) is that my muse decided to stay in northern Michigan (as I wish I could have). So, instead of creating (I haven’t touched my art supplies at all since arriving home), I’ve been focusing on the aforementioned ridiculous task…that, and falling down the basement stairs. Boy, am I sore.
So, for those of you who missed me (What? You didn’t even realize I was gone? Sheesh.), here are a few random tidbits.
- Friday Favorites will be returning ASAP, now that I am once again in the Land of the Reliable Internet Connection (also the land of freaking Code Red air days and stifling humidity).
- My trip was not completely devoid of creativity. In fact, I shot (what I think is) a very nice series of photographs while in northern Michigan. I even sucked it up and created prints for sale in my Etsy shop. Please check them out and let me know what you think!
- I have once again fallen way behind on my 365 Project. Hopefully, I’ll get all caught up by the end of the week. I really can’t wait to be done with it.
- Mosquitoes only like to bite the back of my left calf. What the hell is up with that?
- I have really missed reading everyone’s blogs and looking at Illustration Friday submissions. I really need to get back into the swing of things and hope that I can coax my muse to come back east.
- I chickened out on the gallery thing. I know, I know. Lame.
- This place is fantastic. Try the Auxerrois and the fungus wine (sounds disgusting, but it’s actually quite delicious).
photo : lakeside II by yours truly (available for purchase here)
More cool stuff:
Just a few randoms before I wrap up this Friday afternoon…
- I’ve been messing around with some different watercolor techniques this week. I started the doodle pictured above on Tuesday and it took me until today to finish it. The washes are watercolor splashed with alcohol and the doodle (heavily influenced by Deirdre McCormick) is white gel pen, which I am still trying to get the hang of.
- I updated my blogroll yesterday. Be sure to check out the awesomeness there.
- Oh, obviously, I was not killed in my sleep or spirited away by demons last night. Yay!
- I have a surprise coming this Monday. It is something I’ve been meaning to add to the blog for quite a while now and I’m finally getting around to it. Stay tuned, it’s fun!
- At the end of today, I will be 85 posts away from my goal of 500 by this blog’s one-year anniversary.
- I am giddy over the number of comments I’ve received lately! Did you know that if you leave me a comment and include your blog link, there’s a 97% chance that I’ll add you to my Google Reader? It’s true (but I also suck with numbers, so I may be off by a percent or two – heh).
Okay, I’m done.
More cool stuff:
Ahhh, it’s been a while since I’ve posted some random randomness and since I’m feeling out of sorts lately and unable to focus on anything for more than about 30 seconds, now would probably be the perfect time to do just that!
- I am slowly but surely working on the changes I want to make to my Etsy shop. I have a few more jewelry pieces that, if not purchased soon, will be scrapped for parts. Heh. That’s what you get for hanging around too long! The Monster Hats will be taking their leave until the fall season rolls around when they will make their triumphant return with more Owl and Dragon Hats.
- The other day, while looking over my blog stats, I made a new goal for myself. I want to hit 500 posts before my blog’s one year anniversary on July 24. I’ve crunched the numbers and it should definitely be attainable. I plan on having a big giveaway when I hit the 500 mark. Stay tuned!
- I’m on Twitter (where I spew randomness daily) and Pinterest (where I have no idea what the hell I’m doing).
- I have yet to begin working on my Sketchbook Project. I know, I know. I think my problem is that I have too much time to get it done. So, I’ll wait for the deadline to get close and then
freak out hope for inspiration (desperation?) to hit.
- Is it wrong to serve your family ice cream for dinner? Asking for a friend, of course.
- Hey, D’s mom, I love your comments. Keep ’em coming! That goes for the rest of you too. I depend on all of you to keep my fragile ego intact. Heh.
- I have to say that I’m really thrilled with (and a little surprised by) the response I’ve been getting to What I Like Wednesday and Friday Favorites. Who knew people would be so appreciative of my blathering on about them? Heh.
- So, my hippie neighbors across the street are ‘cleaning out’ their house yet again. It wouldn’t be such a disturbing phenomenon if it wasn’t for the fact that these clean outs always involve disembodied heads of some kind. Last year, they had a yard sale where they attempted to sell a paper-mache head with a long stick jabbed through its ears. I glanced out the window earlier and my gaze was met by that of some kind of Frankenstein monster head sitting on the edge of a roll-off dumpster.
- We really need to move.
photo : crooked house by yours truly
More cool stuff:
It’s time for some randomness…mostly because I can’t seem to focus on any one thing for more than about a minute and a half right now. Heh.
- Izzy is still on the run. We received some leads yesterday and a tracking sniff revealed that the information on her whereabouts was accurate. The search continues.
- I am beginning to feel slightly human again. Unfortunately, a quick trip out to my backyard this morning had my ears completely plugged and every bit of exposed skin itching . Yes, friends, it is spring in Maryland! Bring on the thick blanket of yellow pollen and non-stop Claritin popping!
- Okay, so remember that thing I said about getting this blog back on track and trying to bring back some lightheartedness? I know, I know, I’m not doing a very good job of it. So, I think it’s time for a giveaway. I haven’t decided for sure yet, but I think this one might be a big one. I mean, multiple prizes big.
- You may have noticed that my 365 projects seems to have fallen by the wayside. I’m working on catching up on posting my photos. Hopefully, I’ll be all caught up by today. Apologies in advance for the barrage of posts. Heh.
- The fact that I finally got off my ample duff and made some prints of my work has given me the motivation to get up off my ample duff AGAIN and make some prints of my work. So, keep an eye out for new prints in the Etsy shop. I am looking for opinions on whether I should offer them as-is or have them matted.
- Speaking of Etsy, I still have some of my cherry blossom pieces available. Proceeds benefit Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. Also, I’m seriously trying to clear out my old stock of jewelry that I designed back in the day. I’ve knocked the prices way down in hopes of making room for other things in my studio.
I guess that’s all I’ve got for now.
photo : languishing art by yours truly
More cool stuff:
It’s been awhile since I posted some of my random ramblings. I’m sure you’ve all missed them terribly. Heh.
So, here’s some stuff…
It’s the last day of the month, and being that I am a stat-checking freak, I am happy to report that my number of visitors more than quadrupled this month! So crazy. I’m not just standing in a room talking to myself anymore.
My studio is a serious mess. It is definitely time to purge and I’m thinking of doing it in the form of some giveaways. I haven’t done one in forever and I need to come up with some creative ideas.
I really shouldn’t have bought that bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
I added a page to the blog for coloring pages. Hopefully, it will make it easier to find/print the pages. Because when the kids are bored and screaming, the last thing anyone wants is to make them wait for their coloring pages. Heh.
I’ve been meaning to tell everyone who thanked me for including them in my Friday Favorites that no thanks is necessary. You all earned your spots!
I’m finding that I’m spending more time blogging these days than actually creating anything. I’m not sure exactly how I feel about that.
Show me some love on Facebook, if you haven’t already. Pretty please? (Pssst, that’s the first place that I post about giveaways.)
You know, no one ever tells you what kind of ridiculous things will come out of your mouth when you become a parent. Honestly, if someone had told me that I would utter the phrase ‘Don’t lick the furniture!’ not once, but multiple times, I probably wouldn’t have believed them.
Eh, I guess that’s all I’ve got.
photo : brightly colored candy coated downfall by yours truly
More cool stuff: