Meh. Sort of.
As much as I have missed blogging, drawing, painting, and fully participating in Illustration Friday, I just can’t seem to get it together enough to fully recommit myself to any of those things. My reasons are many and varied, but for now, I’ll take the easy way out and blame it on the oppressive heat we have been experiencing.
It is no secret that summer is my least favorite season, mostly because I cannot handle the heat. The current heat index of 119° has me longing for the crisp, cool breezes of autumn. Instead, I am holed up in my house with all the shades pulled and the AC cranking, watching my son sit around in only his diaper in order to avoid completely melting into a puddle on the couch.
But, I digress.
This post is supposed to be about this week’s Illustration Friday awsomeness. And so it shall be…
- Define Pleasure by Filipa Sotomayor : Simply.Gorgeous.
- Gesture by T. Matthews : So sweet with a lovely color palette.
- Gesture by Elly Chen : BIRD!!
- Gesture by Jackie Kirk : MORE birds!!
- Heart Gesture by Doris Redrupp : Just a very cool design all around.
- Gesture by Naomi Orana : Just beautiful and such lovely colors.
- Gesture by Rosalia : Very unique design and I love the watercolor wash.
- Gesture by Cécile : I like the lines and her red lips.
- Gesture by Andree : Love the retro style here.
- Gesture by Wendy Howarth : So, so sweet.
- Gesture by Tina Kugler : Very cute and a little retro.
- Gesture by Becka Moor : Love this monster!
- Pencil + Paper by Maria Alejandra Rivera : A very nice gesture, indeed.
- Gesture by Amie : Yum!
- Gesture by Dave Palmer : If that guy was the current weather, that hand would totally be mine.