Welcome to the I’m-on-Vacation-in-the-Great-White-North-and-the-Internet-Here-is-Unbelievably-Slooooooooooooooow edition of Friday Favorites. I cannot even begin to tell you how long it has taken me to a) get through all of this week’s Illustration Friday submissions and b) compose this post. Just to give you an idea, it took me half an hour to upload 7 photos to Facebook the other day. Urgh.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I love, love, LOVE northern Michigan. And, I am very fortunate to have a free place to stay whenever I want to visit. However, the Internet access in more rural areas (meaning: 5 miles from the city) leaves a bit to be desired.
Several times, I contemplated giving up on the whole thing and hurling my computer out the window out of sheer frustration. Remember dial-up? Yeah, this is worse. Except this time I don’t have my college roommate griping at me for tying up the phone line while she’s waiting for an important call about the kegger at the Theta house. But I persevered, despite my frustration and fits of rage. See what I do for you people? You all owe me a glass of wine…or ten.
So, here they are, this week’s Friday Favorites, presented with little commentary (and my apologies) because, honestly, I don’t have the energy. Enjoy them with a glass of red wine and some lightning-fast Internet speeds for me, please.
- Launch by Melissa Bergen : Such a soothing color palette (helps calm my slow-Internet-rage).
- The Age of the Aero Zeppelin by Christian Breitkreutz
- Launch by Kate Cummings
- 202 by Nelleke Verhoeff
- Launch by Stephen Cavanagh : This is just so sweet.
- herr sebastian by deni mohr
- Launch by Jessie
- Launch by Holly Main
- Launch by Heather Stillufsen
- Launch by Sue
- Launch by Nessa Dee
- Launch by Shirley Ng-Benitez : This animation is A-DORE-ABLE.
- Launch by Millis Sarri
- Three, Two, One… by Auki : Heh.
- Launch by Kelly Brownlee : Heh, heh.