Having recently been stricken by the plague, I spent the greater portion of this week asleep or wishing I was asleep. And I must say that looking at illustrations of people and creatures in various states of repose has not helped in my struggle to keep my eyes open. But, I will fight this urge to drift off to Dreamland and instead, share my Friday Favorites.
See what I do for you people? You’re welcome.
And now, let the snoozing commence (for the aforementioned creatures, of course – not yours truly)!
- Asleep by Richard Morden : First of all, this.is.AWESOME. Secondly, the color palette is quite excellent.
- Dream Stuff by Heidi A Monteleone : I believe Elizabeth Rose Stanton said it best, ‘…wonderfully surreal.’ Yep, couldn’t have said it better myself.
- Asleep by Morderska : Another delightfully surreal sleep image. Love the way the wallpaper and the sky were done here.
- The Tea Time by Lucas Manoel : So many interesting details in this piece. It has a very soothing color palette as well.
- Asleep by Pia Drent : The pattern, the lines, the birds – all so appealing.
- Asleep by Kathleen Jennings : A very cool take on this week’s topic – I especially like that the shoes reference the original Oz books.
- Asleep by Oana Befort : This piece really is amazing. At first glance, I was sure that it was fabric and certainly not watercolor. The texture and the way the image seems to stand right off the page are fantastic.
- Asleep by Tracey Long : The combination of ‘real’ and drawn characters in this piece is so interesting and, dare I say it again, surreal.
- Asleep by Stephen Cavanagh : There are few things that appeal to me more than a beautifully painted night sky. I love this sky and the adorable characters.
- Asleep by Megumi Lemons : Such a sweet scene. This piece has wonderful texture.
- Sleeping Bearded Pig by K-Fai Steele : This unlikely pair is quite irresistible!
- Asleep by Beatrijs Brouwer : I am no fan of bats, but these guys are just too cute – unlike real bats, which are scary and remind me of one of the creepiest dinner parties I’ve ever attended (ooo…I smell a new blog post!).
- Sleeping Birds by etringita : Such a fun take on the topic!
- Asleep by Sarah Stirling : This never, ever, ever happens in our house. Ever. *ahem*
- Asleep by charrow : This never happens in our house either, but only because Sir doesn’t own a snorkel.