I just love doing Friday Favorites. Not only does it give me an excuse to look at every.single.entry for Illustration Friday each week (and I truly do look at ALL of them), but I also come away with so much inspiration every week.
What I don’t love is having to narrow down my favorites to that mere fifteen. Some weeks are harder than others and this week may have been the hardest yet. I had such a long list of awesomeness and it was awful having to whittle it down. I don’t know what it was about this week, but everyone seemed to have brought their A-Game. So, to everyone who participated this week…well done!
I know I always say this, but really, check out IllustrationFriday.com and all of the awesome submissions there. This list of favorites is only the tip of the iceberg!
- Soaked by Tia Mushka : I have an ever-increasing love for paper cutting and this piece is a beautiful example of this type of art. The colors are gorgeous too.
- Java Sea I & II by Cally : This is such a beautiful use of watercolor. I love how you can see the shafts of light coming down through the water.
- Soaked by Rain : Another gorgeous watercolor piece with the added bonus of some great process shots.
- Soaked by bjorgnin : And one more great watercolor – I love that the color palette is not typical of a mermaid painting. Very nice.
- A Rainy Birdy Day by JS Daniel : Guess what! It’s time for the obligatory bird illustration (my bird-love knows no bounds) – yay! This illustration is completely adorable and I love all of the textures.
- Soaked by Eric Barclay : More birds and great patterns. I just hope that cat doesn’t get hungry.
- Soaked by Mike Barnett : Anyone who owns a particularly ‘jowly’ breed of dog (much like this one), is all too familiar with this scene. I am highly impressed by what an accurate representation this illustration is.
- Soaked by Vhrsti : The colors are perfect for creating the feel of a cold, dark, rainy night. I also love the wispy clouds in the sky.
- Downpour by Sarah Ryan : Love, love, love the perspective here and the shadowy figures. Very nice how the rain has motion.
- Rain by Koosje Koene : This is how I usually feel on a rainy day (and sometimes on non-rainy days).
- Soaked by Sara Boggs : This is how I would like to feel on a rainy day.
- Soaked by get zapped : Love the clean lines and, of course, the mysterious, faceless man.
- Soaked by Rose Lloyd : This illustration is cool for a number of reasons, not the least of which being that it reminds me of an umbrella with a goose neck handle that my aunt and uncle used to have.
- Soaked by Jen Norton : Beautiful design on the cloud and I love the colorful rain.
- Soaked by Kanako Shimura : Heh, heh. Fish with feet are usually quite clever.
Have you entered the GIVEAWAY yet?