So, here it is, my first Friday Favorites! I came up with the idea of choosing and sharing my 15 favorite illustrations each week in order to introduce my friends/family/readers to Illustration Friday and some of the great talent that is out there. A major bonus is that it gives me an excuse to spend time looking at a lot of really great and inspiring work.
This week’s topic was ‘layer’. With that in mind, sit back, get clicking, and breathe in the awesome!
- Little Monster’s Guide to Getting Dressed by Emma Weisman : Completely adorable! I think Sir would greatly benefit from Little Monster’s lesson.
- Colorful Houses by Junko Miyakoshi : Love this style of illustration as it reminds me of one of the favorite books in our house The Giant Jam Sandwich.
- Layer by M. Lee : Very clever and well done.
- Bricklayer Cake by Wesley Osam : Someone else is as weird as me!
- Artichoke by Sarah Melling : Simply gorgeous. Is there anything better than beautiful food illustrations?
- Birdy by Joanna McMullan : Simple, lovely colors, and a bird. Perfect.
- Layer by Heidi Fuchtman : Gorgeous in its simplicity and understated colors.
- Peacock by Natalie Magnuson : A lovely twist on a lovely bird.
- Happy Birthday by Penelope P. Neal : Not only is this a lovely illustration, but it reminds me of my good friend M. who works at the zoo and celebrated her birthday this week.
- Layers by Q. Cassetti : I have quite an affinity for pen & ink drawings and this one makes me swoon. Wow.
- Morning Glories by Valerie Lorimer : Love the style and the use of my favorite color in the whole world.
- Layer by DoodleStreet : A peeler! Ha!
- Lil’ Cowpoke by Brad Renner : Love, love, love the mid-century modern style.
- Piggy by Abbi : Not only is the illustration adorable, but the photography is wonderful.
- A Simple Onion by Auki : Always nice to end with a snarky onion. Heh.